PML-N had offered me the Foreign Ministry including joining the party, Shah Mehmood Qureshi

PML-N had offered me the Foreign Ministry including joining the party, Shah Mehmood Qureshi

                               


I turned down the offer because I wanted to decide the future with patience. I decided to join Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) voluntarily.

Islamabad: PML-N had offered me to join the party. Speaking on a private TV channel, Federal Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi revealed that in 2013, the PML-N had offered him to join the party. I was also told that you would be made foreign minister after the next election, he said.

The Federal Minister said that he had turned down the offer, I wanted to decide the future with patience, I had decided to join the PTI of my own free will. I have always listened to my heart. If I had wanted to, I would have joined in 2013, said the minister. Now my decision is correct.                       

It may be recalled that earlier the same thing was repeated by the Federal Minister in a press conference in which he had said that he joined the PTI instead of the PML-N with great forethought. There was an offer which I did not accept. Speaking on the occasion, he said that legislation was necessary to remove Pakistan from the FATF gray list.

India is trying its best to push Pakistan from gray to blacklist. The decision to remove FATF from the gray list will be made in October. He asked the opposition to cooperate in the legislation. The opposition laid down conditions for supporting the FATF legislation. Opposition groups called for amendments to the NAB law. On the other hand, the opposition and the government are still at loggerheads over amendments to the NAB rules, with the opposition stipulating support for the amendments in the FATF.

Post a Comment